Thompson I.G., LLC of Fenton, Michigan makes no warranty, express or implied, except that for a period of ten (10) years (5 years - patio door units, 5 year - muntin bar units) from date of manufacture, under normal conditions of service, material obstruction of vision resulting from film formation or dust collection between the interior surface of the Insulating Glass units will not occur.
This warranty is effective only if installation is made in accordance with our specific instructions and does not apply to units that are damaged by improper handling or if the unit is subjected to stresses resulting from localized application of heat which caused excessive temperature differential over the glass surfaces or edges of the unit, or if strain is applied to the unit by movement of the building or if provisions have not been made in accordance with sound practice for adequate expansion or contraction of framing members.
Our maximum liability under terms of this warranty shall be the delivery of replacement unit or units F.O.B. to the shipping point nearest the place of installation. Warranty does not apply to such replacement beyond the original ten (10) year period applying to the original unit, nor does it apply when Thompson I.G., LLC units are installed in ships, vehicles or commercial refrigeration.
Thompson I.G., LLC reserves the right to
have all units reported as defective within the terms of this warranty field inspected by a qualified factory representative. No representative of ours has authority to change or modify this warranty in any respect.
Installation and Glazing Instructions
- Sash opening must be square, in plane and structurally adequate to prevent mechanical stressing of glazed insulated unit. All sash corner joints must be watertight and the sill member weeped to the outdoors.
- Units must be glazed on two rubber (equivalent material) setting blocks located at quarter points of the sill. Blocks should be 3" - 4" long and 1/8" wider than units thickness to obtain a uniform and equal support.
- Edge clearances 1/8" to 1/4" depending on size of unit must be maintained. At no point should the glass unit be in contact with sash member.
- Glazing materials should be resilient, non hardening compound or tape or lock-strip clastomeric gasket containing NO solvents. DO NOT USE OIL BASE COMPOUNDS.
- All glazing material of approved type must maintain water-tightness and remain effective for the unit's guarantee period.
- All wrap around gaskets must be perforated with weep holes.
- Failure to adhere to above recommended glazing instructions can effect the performance of the I.G. units thereby voiding this warranty.